Are you curious about what is happening inside your body when pregnant? Are you looking for a guide that tells you what to expect during pregnancy week by week? Let’s discuss how the mother-to-be is in for a few surprises, as the journey through pregnancy unfolds week. From the minute you figure out that you are pregnant to the stage you give birth to the baby, your baby passes through a range of developmental stages.
While talking pregnancy week by week, you will have a better comprehension of these phases and of what to expect.
- Week one to Four – Alright no exaggeration here, since this is the time when you’re, most likely, not even conscious of being pregnant,until you miss your period.Unless you are a super sensitive girl,who understands her body really well, you can feel something unusual. Your infant, at the present time is known as’embryo’ and is just a ball of cells which has attached to the uterine wall. With loads of pregnancy hormones being produced, your body is just adjusting itself to embark on the nine month journey.
- Week Four to Eight – You may,and I repeat,may,feel a few symptoms at this time, either in the shape of morning sickness or food cravings and aversions. In terms of the embryo, congratulations, it’s grown from a two layer structure to three layer construction today and the central nervous system and brain are starting to develop. Six weeks into pregnancy today, your baby has the size of a poppy seed. I know it’s annoying to see about how big your baby being compared to vegetable seeds and seeds, but this will soon be growing and doubling in size,as the cells divide. An ultrasound in 1-2 months will allow you to find the heart pumping as well. Also, your child’s face is taking its kind, which is a nice thought in itself.
- Week nine to twelve – During this phase of pregnancy, your baby is building muscle, cartilage and bone The little little animal, which has started to make you feel like a hot air balloon, will eventually be taking an individual’s form within your womb. While changes occur during pregnancy week by week, it is best to keep in mind that your diet should be in compliance with the changes you are feeling.
- Week thirteen to 16 – Time for some hair growth! Not for mom-to-be but for your infant. Yes, babies at this stage of pregnancy will have their own hair growing, and near the end of the sixteenth week,your baby will start to build eyelashes and vision at a quicker pace.
- Week seventeen to twenty – first baby kick, the sole reason for reading this manual on pregnancy week by week eh? You should expect the first baby kick around the time of your pregnancy. Likewise, expect insomnia to kick in now also! You could always beat the latter by counting the amount of times your baby kicks, only a thought. Also, now you can have an ultrasound which will allow you to know if it is a baby girl or a baby boy.
- Week twenty-one to twenty five – while your child’s face gets more shape, and the baby gets bigger and bigger in size, the next thing which you will notice is the appearance of a dark pigmented line from the umbilicus to the pubic area. Also, in this period, stretch marks become more prominent, umbilicus pops out and feet get swollen because of fluid retention.
- Week twenty-five – Babies keep growing during these weeks also, and great news is that babies open their eyes for the first time. While you’re still struggling to catch forty winks, your baby has started blinking. With all that excess weight, you might be afflicted with varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
- Week twenty-nine per week thirty-two – with all these changes week by week, there’s another one on its way, which is named Braxton hicks contractions.This is the uterus’ sucking’ more and more energy out of you by contracting a few days just to give you an idea of what you will encounter in the labour room.
- Week thirty-three to thirty-six – Along with a boost in the immune system, your baby’s testicles will descend in this time, if the baby is a boy. Also, infant’s head is larger in size when compared with the rest of the body and that’s what will exert a good deal of pressure in your bladder which makes you pee often.
- Week thirty-seven to week forty – Your baby is at the last stage of development. Baby’s lungs are currently producing surfactant that will assist him in taking first few breaths. Visiting your doctor now would mainly comprise of evaluation of impending signs of labour. It’s nearly the official end of pregnancy and time for you to get yourself ready for arrival of their new member.