Interest in câncer fighting foods keeps growing. Indeed, in recent years, a lot of books have been written about anti cancer foods and the use of good nutrition. Thousands of scientific studies have been conducted on the topic. Researchers have investigated the typical diets of people that exhibit low prevalence of different kinds of cancer.
É bom saber que
Most recently, the American Cancer Society has concluded that 14-20% of all cancer deaths in the USA are linked to obesity or excessive weight. About 30 percent of Americans are obese and many are obese. Experts concur that anti cancer foods are foods which are full of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Chronic inflammation is thought to lead to a lot of sorts of cancer, in addition to cardiovascular disease, and recent studies have demonstrated that body fat produces chemicals that cause inflammation.
This study supports the importance of a healthful diet which contains cancer fighting foods, the majority of which are fruits and veggies, and restricts dietary fats. Additionally, there isn’t any substitute for a regular exercise program for weight loss control. Making drastic changes in your diet can be challenging and frustrating. You will find more success by making little changes over an elongated time period.
Ter em conta
If the cancer fighting foods mentioned here aren’t those that you’re accustomed to eating, consider adding a couple of distinct ones to your diet monthly. Remember to bear in mind any known allergies. When trying a food or spice you have not eaten before, watch for responses, such as itching, hives or swelling of the mouth and lips. Severe allergic reactions to foods can cause anaphylactic shock, which is life threatening, and those men and women who suffer with allergies or asthma are more at risk and should use care when trying new foods.
In addition, it can be of help to get foods that are grown locally. These are not as likely to trigger allergic reactions. Limiting new foods to one per day can allow you to identify food sensitivities or allergies. Berries are among the most effective anti cancer foods. Blueberries have been shown in animals studies to inibit the creation of an enzyme responsible for tumor development.
- Bilberry has been demonstrated to inhibit the development of cancer and leukemia cells in the lab.
- Pomegranates (a part of the berry family) are considered cancer fighting foods due to their influence on breast, breast and skin cancer in laboratory studies. Additionally, pomegranate seeds are organic anti-inflammatories. The aim for an anti-cancer diet is to eat mainly plant foods. It seems that diets which are two-thirds fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains are best.
- Recommended anti cancer foods are high in B-complex (shown to give protection against cell mutation and reduce risk of pancreatic cancer) and D vitamins (curbs growth of cancer cells, reduces risk of lung and breast cancer). A group of vegetables called cruciferous are high in both B-complex and D vitamins. Examples of cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, turnip greens, cabbage and kale. In lab studies, these vegetables have been shown to shrink colon and esophageal cancer tumors as well as eating them is thought to decrease the progression of colon polyps (a precursor to colon cancer), even in people that are genetically predisposed to them.
- The Cancer Cure Foundation, a nonprofit providing information on complementary and alternative therapies since 1976, adds the following anti cancer foods: avocadoes, figs, flax seed, grapefruit, red grapes, yellow and green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, nuts, oranges, lemons, papayas, seaweed, soy, sweet potatoes, tapioca, tomatoes, watermelon and red peppers. You might have noticed that most the cancer fighting foods are especially colorful. Those exact phytochemicals that give these fruits and veggies there glowing colours are cancer fighting agents. Thus, the reason for the recommendation to eat an assortment of different colored fruits and vegetables, daily. Just because you’re raising fruits and vegetables in your diet doesn’t necessarily mean that it has to be bland.
- Several spices have been demonstrated to possess anti-inflammatory, anti inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Curcurmin, the major ingredient in curry and used for flavoring in many Indian dishes, is a known anti inflammatory, boosts immune system strength and is thought to have a negative impact on all types of cancer. Ginger kills cancer cells in lab tests. Garlic, chili peppers, rosemary and jalapenos are all contained in the Cancer Cure Foundation’s recommendations for anti cancer foods. And then there’s the mangosteen. Not associated with the more common mango and only available in the kind of a health supplement puree in many regions of the world, this fruit from southeast Asia could be the most effective of the cancer fighting foods.