Nutrition and eye health are linked, for example, the more dark green leafy vegetables you eat on a regular basis, the greater the benefit you get when it comes to enhancing your vision health. While we’re accustomed to thinking about foods that are common to boost vision like broccoli, carrots and spinach, one special food for eyes that doesn’t necessarily come to mind is red cabbage.
It is a superfood with cancer fighting properties. It supplies the body with general health care with its broad assortment of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Its vitamin content contains Vitamins A,C, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid and Thiamine, such as minerals like Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorous, IJzer en Magnesium to name a few. Red Cabbage also provides nutrient coverage which improves eye health.
- Vitamin C: Based on nutritional supplements, one astonishing nutrient truth about Red Cabbage is that it gives a higher volume of their daily recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C than citrus fruits, to the tune of 56 percent. Concerning eye health, the consumption of the nutrient not only contributes to better eyesight but cuts the growth of cataracts by a third. This is a result of how the eye requires vitamin C to get rid of free radicals which have been due to direct exposure to sunlight.
- Vitamine A: This is a nutrient that is very important to improving eyesight and protecting eye health. Concerning nutritional coverage for eye health, 1 cup of sliced Red Cabbage is made up of 33 percent of the daily recommended allowances for Vitamin A. According to nutritional experts, the nutrient coverage of the nutrient is subdivided into 3 unique parts: Lutein, Zeaxanthin and Beta- Carotene. Vitamin A plays a role in protecting the surface of their eyes and the mucous membranes to offer the eye with immune system defenses against, germs, viruses and eye ailments. Lutein and Zeaxanthin shield the retina from free radical damage and reduce the dangers for the age related vision disorder Macular Degeneration.
- Better Digestion: According to health care experts, cabbage has therapeutic properties which assist in the prevention of stomach ulcers. In confirmed scientific studies, Cabbage in the kind of Cabbage Juice consumed daily for a period of 3 months, cured stomach ulcers. This is a result of how the Phytonutrient healing substances in Cabbage Juice strengthen the lining of the gut. The Fiber material in Red Cabbage also enhances the function of the digestive tract for better elimination.
- Cancer Prevention: The red pigment in Red Cabbage is derived from a Flavonoid that’s a potent antioxidant that assists in the prevention of certain forms of cancers. These cancer fighting properties assist in preventing cancer cells and repair the harm done to the body by carcinogens (giftige stoffen).
- Promotes Gewicht Loss: When included as part of a well-uitgebalanceerde voeding, it may aid in weight loss. This is a result of the fact it is low in calories and also includes a fantastic source of fiber which leaves you feeling full. Ultimately, If protecting your precious eyesight is a target, then, Red Cabbage is a good food choice for fitter and stronger vision.Finally, within a balanced diet, it gives good nutritional support in each field of health of vital interest and concern to you.