One of the vital ways to remain healthy and in tip top shape is to find an adequate amount of exercise. An equally important component of your health care also includes increasing the quantity of fruits and veggies that you eat in your diet. This specific tip not only raises your health and well-being but in addition, it applies to keeping your eyes healthy also. An example of a fruit which promotes better vision is the papaya.
This fruit also has some significant general health benefits also.
- Eye Health Benefits: Based on a research conducted by the Archives of Ophthalmology eating three or more servings of fruits per day including fruits like Papaya can help reduce your risks for the age related eye disease macular degeneration. Additionally, this sweet tasting fruit also is made up of the vitamins A, C, and E; significant antioxidants beneficial in improving vision and protecting vision health. Additionally, it contains the carotenoids Lutein and Zeaxanthin.These nutrients also decrease the risks for the development of age related eye diseases such as macular degeneration, cataracts and glaucoma. These antioxidant nutrients are famous for their ability to neutralize the negative effects that dangerous free radicals present to eye health. They also play a role in filtering out harmful blue light rays from sunlight and behave like natural sunglasses to the eyes from a nutritional viewpoint.
- Improves Digestive Health: This eye food is composed of the digestive enzyme called papain that’s shown to assist the digestive system function better. Additionally, it aids in helping the body to digest proteins more effectively also. This fruit has a high water content and is also a fantastic source of soluble fiber. These properties encourage better digestive health as it pertains to good elimination.
- Better Heart Health: This food to improve eyesight is a fantastic source of potassium that’s great for reducing blood pressure. Additionally, its vitamin A, E and C content jointly operate in reducing cholesterol levels in the body. These antioxidants can stop a negative procedure known as the oxidation of cholesterol; a procedure that results in the buildup of plaque in the arteries. So from this viewpoint, it can decrease the risks for strokes and heart attacks if consumed on a daily basis.
- Boosts Immunity: Papayas are an abundant source of Vitamin C. As a matter of fact that they consists of 144 percent of the daily recommended allowance for vitamin C. Therefore, they offer a benefit in combating colds and infections in the body. Papaya is also a source of vitamin A that does have immune system boosting benefits.
- Cancer Prevention: This sweet tasting fruit is full of antioxidants and flavonoids. These are free radical scavenging agents that protect the body against rogue cells that damage healthy cells in the body. From this viewpoint, it can lower your risks for diseases such as colon and prostate cancer because of its beta carotene and vitamin E content.
When it comes to eating healthy most of us appreciate a diet which helps to give many overall health benefits while satisfying the taste buds in a sweet and refreshing manner. The papaya fruit is a food for improved vision that satisfies this criteria. These are really good reasons to create this eye food a normal part of your diet for good health.