Understanding the true definition of ME / Fatiga crónica Syndrome (CFS) is absolutely crucial if your system will be treated with the respect it deserves while under assault from this debilitating disease. ME or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis literally means pain in the muscles and inflamación in the brain and spinal cord.
As we now know, the beginning of this disease is usually preceded by viral disease that leaves a path of debilitating symptoms like the persistent physical fatigue, body aches and pains and other severe physical and cognitive disturbances characterized by its victims. Although this is an incurable condition, you can help your body to remission with many different treatments and supplements. At the forefront of plans to take into account in the symptomatic treatment of ME/CFS, the Immune System should be of the highest priority since it’s been compromised to some large degree.
Those afflicted by ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome frequently fall prey to other diseases and ailments as a consequence of the already compromised immune systems. Researchers have discovered the immune system is weakened at the beginning of the disorder because of the presence of virus, and as the disease progresses the immune system is then usually chronically activated in patients with ME/CFS.
What this signifies is that the immune system goes into “overdrive”, it’s on continuous alert, often mistaking even ordinary functions like anxiety or exhaustion as being pathogenic invaders, when obviously they aren’t. Through this practice of being under unnecessary strain, the body is placed out of homeostasis and left drained. Your body needs help, what can you do to help it? Firstly, adequate sleep and resting the body is very important for re-building your immune system, listen to your body and rest when you feel the need.
You aren’t being lazy, this is a serious illness which needs your atención. It’s when we sleep that the immune system is strengthened and rejuvenated.
- Vitamin A – necessary for the generation of antibodies to help fight off viral infections.
- B Group Vitamins – the body uses these in its own energy generation procedures.
- Vitamin B6 – involved in the production of neurotransmitters required for the regulation of normal mental processes. Vitamin B12 – alleviates mood swings and may improve memoria function.
- Vitamina C – involved in the creation of infection-fighting white blood cells.
- Vitamin D – optimizes healthy immune and nervous systems. Vitamin E – an antioxidant and immune booster.
- Aloe Vera – includes vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and other ingredients which act as an immune booster as well as a natural antiseptic.
- Echinacea – increases the activity of white blood cells, in addition to increasing the production of vital substances to support immune system response.
- Maitake Mushroom – stimulates immune response by activating T-cells, the body’s defence against viruses.
- Olive Leaf Extract – strong antioxidant and free-radical scavenger, helps alleviate fever.
- Garlic – supports cardiovascular health and immune system function and has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Magnesium – supports each organ in the human body, especially the heart, kidneys and muscles.
- Iron – utilized in the production of haemoglobin and red blood cells which transport oxygen to the cells.
- Zinc – supports healthy and normal immune function. Selenium – helps maintain healthy immune function and might help with cardiovascular health.
Please follow the recommended doses supplied by the producer of these minerals and vitamins you take. A excellent immune system boosting diet will include fresh frutas and a lot of vegetables such as green leafy vegetables, protein-rich foods such as legumes, lean meats or tofu, whole grains, raw seeds and cold pressed oils, especially Coconut oil since it contains antibacterial properties among its many advantages.
Eliminate fast-foods as much as possible, by regularly consuming them you aren’t getting the nutrients your body requires. Eating the appropriate fats like those found in coconut oil help reduce joint swelling and inflammation, enhance cognitive function and memory and support the immune and nervous systems. Other seed and nut oils may also be valuable, but they need to be cold pressed. It’s extremely common for individuals to develop food allergies or intolerances following the beginning of ME/Chronic Fatigue.
If you suspect you have a issue, a registered dietician or nutritionist is often valuable. It’s extremely important to remove any offending foods out of your diet as the distress, indigestion or bloating accompanying the intolerance is the most likely hindering the remission procedure. Understandably, this can be easier said than done, particularly when normal functioning is extremely limited, however stress can be quite detrimental to the immune system in addition to the body as a whole.
Stress of any kind weakens the immune system and leaves you vulnerable to an array of different diseases and disorders. Some strategies for stress reduction might include keeping a daily journal, seeking counseling or maybe engaging in low-physical hobbies you enjoy. Meditation is also an extremely powerful stress reduction method that needs to be regarded as part of your everyday routine, an assortment of guided meditations can be obtained on CD or Mp3. These are of great advantage especially if your mobility is limited and you are not able to attend guided courses or groups.