There are five primary areas that affect your health. Listed below are the basic areas that will determine your success in this endeavor. To put it differently, it’ll be your “Road Map For Longevity”. STRESS handling stress is an individual issue. Approaching a problem with a perception of what’s a stressful situation is uniquely individual. Some individuals will try to overcome a stressful situation and take it in stride, though others will live upon it and let it fester like a sore.
Bitte beachten Sie
These are the men and women who will undergo the most. This may have serious unwanted effects on the health issues of the human body’s cardiovascular, pulmonary, circulatory, and immune systems. Sometimes the outcome can be deadly, since they believe that the only answer is suicide. Holiday seasons and the winter season are known to be quite a stressful time for lots of men and women. Being cooped in due to the weather will be a supply of”cabin fever”, and will play havoc with the body’s “circadian rhythm”.
This is the body’s 24-hour inner clock. This becomes more serious if there’s not any love and support of family and friends. Loneliness is extremely palpable, and is almost something which may be cut with a knife. A study before 9-11-2001 from the National Institutes, show that stress, anxiety and mild Depression affects nearly 50 million people in america alone.
Gut zu wissen
Unfortunately, after 9-11, the times are now even more stressful with all the constant threat of terrorism. Those old enough need only reflect on events of yesteryear to stir up memories which may have lain dormant through the years. Stress is how we respond to a physical or psychological situation, or what one perceives to be a difficult situation. In this stress can be either negative or positive in how we respond. Our responses will result in how we confront certain conditions.
In some situations when confronted with a challenge, we’ll choose to fight, others we’ll run. In these challenges the body reacts by releasing adrenaline and cortisol, and your anxiety anxiety threshold will determine your strategy. Positive stress can help in some circumstances, allowing the person to manage a given task and finishing that task for their satisfaction. Once the task was completed, they’ll have the ability to relax and be happy for having done so. In other words it’ll be a job well done.
Wussten Sie das?
For some individuals they might need to be under some degree of stress to finish that task. Negative Druck is when the individual can not cope with a circumstance. Under these conditions, it is going to prevent the person from completing a job to their satisfaction. Under this situation, relaxing is hopeless, and the person becomes fidgety and obsessed. When this happens, the individuals’ health and well-being will endure. The outcome will manifest itself in a variety of types physical ailments, due to a compromised immune system.
Maintaining physical and psychological health is a matter that each person is going to need to learn, as every case will present another set of circumstances. A starting point is to analyze what your stressful situations are. You need to become conscious of the things which set you off. Recognize such signals as tense muscles, clenching of teeth, and seething anger.
Bitte beachten Sie!
When you learn to “listen” to what your body is trying to tell you, you can begin to take care of stress. The body will respond to stress in three physiological stages:
- Stage 1: There is an increased need for sugar by all of the cells, tissues, muscles, and organs. The glucose is necessary to provide needed energy requirements to the sudden demands of the body’s growth of the workload.
- Stage 2: When the work load placed on the body is sustained for a long time period, the growth of the glucose that happened in stage one will begin to drop. As this happens, the body will enter stage three.
- Stage 3: As the mind accomplishes the fall of the glucose level in phase two, the body will release cortisone, thyroxine, and growth Hormon which will cause the body to use it’s fat reserves to make energy. It’ll keep glucose at levels which are sufficient to provide the brain and central nervous system, without these they wouldn’t have the ability to function.
Erinnern Sie sich an
Combating stress is a multi-pronged program the person must dedicate himself or herself too. These are a few suggestions to assist those who perceive to be in a stressful situation, whatever the cause or form it takes. Having a relaxed body and mind is your number one priority. Take the opportunity to relax and practice some simple relaxation methods. These relaxation techniques will slow your heart rate, decrease your blood pressure, prevent headaches and prevent your muscles from becoming tense.
Was ist zu tun?
- Start with the easy method of breathing deeply and slowly. This may be done in a sitting or standing position. Place your hands on your abdomen. Inhale slowly through your nose. You may feel your stomach rise. Hold your breath for a few seconds, then exhale slowly while pursing your lips as though you were whistling. You may feel your tummy deflating. Repeat this exercise at least 3 or 4 times during each session.
- Another technique to improve your relaxation routine is visualization. In this technique you’ll use your imagination. Haven’t we all wished we were somewhere else? With this technique you’ll be doing that. Free your mind of extraneous thoughts and let it float. Do you enjoy the mountains, the seashore, skiing, horse back riding, boating, wherever or whatever, just let your mind go there. Allow yourself 10 to 15 minutes of quiet time when taking this mental holiday.
- When stress affects someone, the muscles become tense. Stretching can be among the best ways to conquer tension. When stretching, you will need to stretch the whole body, beginning with the neck, arms, shoulders, upper back and thighs. Stretching can be done while standing and sitting. Start by tilting your head to the right, then to the left to get a count of 12. Entwine your palms increasing your arms overhead, with the palms upward, hold for a count of 12 and lower gradually.
- Next stretch the upper and lower back. This is best achieved by sitting down. Sit at the edge of the chair with feet flat on the ground and slightly spread. Let the arms fall between the thighs and slowly reduce your body as far as it can go without straining.
- While sitting, you can stretch the upper body. This may also be done while standing. Raise one arm overhead and tilt your body to the side with one arm reduced to the side. Repeat for a count of 6 and then complete by reversing the process, tilting to the other side.
- The next and last stretch are the legs. This is accomplished by standing with one leg on a low footstool or measure, or even by putting 3 or 4 books on the ground. Lean forward as far as possible, keeping your spine straight and try to attain your toes. You need not actually touch the feet. Straighten-up and repeat to get a count of 6. Perform the stretch with the other leg.
- Exercise can be an extremely powerful force in your comfort program. More on exercise will be discussed below in the section on exercise.
- Try to find the time every day for a while alone. Using the visualization techniques mentioned previously now would be quite helpful. Listening to soothing music that you like is also extremely beneficial. Prayers may also bring solace and calm into a troubled soul.
- Getting a good night sleep should be a number one priority. Meaning 7 to 8 hours of a constant, restful sleep. Without enough rest the body’s immune system won’t be able to deal and will be more vulnerable to illness.
- Remember that laughter may be an energizing force, since it will provide a boost to your immune system. The stronger the laughter, the more benefits you will derive.
- Become more social on your reactions to other people. Go out with a friend or neighbor for dinner or lunch. Utilize your regional Community Center to meet different people and to interact.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about your stress problem with a trusted friend. Their imput will prove very helpful-so not be afraid to open up to them-they wish to help.
- Also, remember you are what you eat. When troubled, don’t begin on a food binge. Eat a wholesome balanced diet. Don’t pig-out on junk foods which adds enormous amounts of calories without the necessary minerals and Vitamine. More will be discussed in the nutrition department.
- And lastly, omit Alkohol and carbonated beverages. Should you drink, women should limit alcohol to one drink, guys need to to two drinks each day. Coffee should be restricted to no more than two cups each day. And most importantly-if you smoke-STOP!